Friday, May 21, 2021

ROASTED ASIAN CHICKEN WINGS (With A Guest Appearance By Another Famous Chef)

Hi folks, and welcome back to another installment of the entertainment juggernaut that is The Chef G. Cooking Channel.  I'm your host, Chef G., and today I'm going to do something that has never been done in the long, long history of this blog.  I am going to share a recipe that is not of my own creation.

I admit it:  I stole the recipe from Emeril Lagasse who is a pretty big celebrity chef in his own right, though not quite on par with me.  Actually, I didn't steal it so much as I cut it out of Parade Magazine--a nationwide Sunday newspaper insert.  I assume Parade had Emeril's permission to publish the recipe, therefore it must be okay for me to post a picture of it as long as I give proper credit to my cooking competitor.  

Anyway, I doubt Emeril will even notice my thievery.  Rumor has it that he doesn't watch The Chef G. Cooking Channel because he's too intimidated by my chef-ly excellence.  I'm guessing he has no recollection of doing that Parade gig, and even if he does, it's been more than a decade since I committed my great recipe-rip-off caper.  Certainly there's a statute of limitations on that kind of thing . . . isn't there?


It's not plagiarism if you credit your source . . . right?

                                                                       ************

This is one of the most complex dishes I cook, but, oh man, it is so worth the effort.  If you enlarge the picture above, you'll see it has a boatload of ingredients, all of which have a purpose.  When I prepare this dish I use all of them, but I DO make a couple of proprietary alterations which make my chicken wings even better than Emeril's.  [Note: "Proprietary" means my alterations are secret and if you want to see them you'll have to pay me.  BAM!]

Just kidding folks.  I am more than happy to share my expertise free of charge.  Besides, The Chef G. Cooking Channel already pays me more money than I know what to do with.


The first modification I made to Emeril's recipe involves making the sauce.  I use only half the quantities of fresh-squeezed orange juice and pineapple juice he recommends.  That gives the mixture a little more thickness, which helps it stick to the wings better.  NICE!



The second modification is that, after drenching the wings in the sauce, I don't put them back in the oven.  Instead, I put them on the charcoal grill for the final 20-25 minutes.


There you go.  Those are the only two areas where I stray from Chef Legasse's recipe.  And let me tell you, these wings will make you forget about places like Buffalo Wild Wings and Wingstop and maybe even Hooters.  They will be a huge hit at your next event, no matter whether it's an art-appreciation soiree or a fraternity kegger.


Twenty pieces of chicken deliciousness.



Emeril likes it!  (Thank you, Emeril.)


Chef G. likes it too.





No comments:

Post a Comment