Sunday, March 7, 2021

THE CHEF'S INTRODUCTION

                                       

Hi folks, my name is Chef G and I like to cook.  I am NOT what you might call a "foodie" though, so this is not the place to be if you're looking to read about fancy, highly-creative, experimental, or edgy haute cuisine.  I prefer to cook simple dishes that actually taste good.

I also like to read food & wine publications and watch cooking shows on television.  I find them to be both entertaining and pretentious at the same time.  I'm fascinated by celebrity chefs and restaurant critics.  In fact, the whole foodie world seems ripe for parody--and I know just the guy to do it:  ME, Chef G, America's Top Satirical Celebrity Chef.

Now, I am fully aware that ANY hack writer can post a bunch of recipes and be a satirical smart-ass.  Therefore, I had to come up with some kind of gimmick to set my blog apart from all the other cooking blogs out there.   So here is my gimmick--or should I say, My Mission Statement:

The Chef G Cooking Channel is dedicated to providing medium-quality food writing.  Its main focus will be on Chef G and his interpretations of traditional midwestern dishes, as well as putting his own midwestern spin on other regional and international recipes.  There will be pretty good anecdotes, decent stories, okay reviews, and acceptable essays--all with middle-American sensibilities and a hint of satire.

Finally, lest you think I'm just another commonplace celebrity chef wannabe, I'll have you know that I used to write about food on a different cooking-related website where I had many tens of followers.  That is, until I got booted off that site.  If you were one of those tens of followers, some of the content on this blog might look familiar.

So that's my schtick.  If it sounds interesting to you then, by all means, please check back in every once in a while.  Thanks.

-Chef G.

Does anybody know where I can get a REAL chef's hat.  This thing is just plain embarrassing.




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Led. I've still got a lot of old material to post and a few new ideas as well. I'll try to post something every week.

      Delete
  2. I, too, hate to shop in advance. Never can remember what's in the fridge. Every couple of days, by bike, suits me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thanks for the affirmation, Suzanne. This post (with a few modifications) was actually written last April on Topicwise-Cooking. At this time, thank goodness, I am pretty much back to shopping on my bike every couple of days.

      Delete