Friday, April 23, 2021

MACARONI & CHEESE: The Only Food Cheesier Than Chef G. Himself

Hi again folks, I'm Chef G.--your host of the finest in food, fun and frivolity.  Before we get to today's excellent recipe, I must thank all of my loyal fans and supporters for making The Chef G. Cooking Channel the #1 on-line food program in the mid-central section of the western half of the upper mid-western part of the United States.  I couldn't have done it without you.  

                                                                ************





The dish I'll be preparing today is probably the first food I ever cooked by myself.  It dates back to my college years, which was well before I even knew I was a culinary genius.  Back then, I used a well known recipe and it was so bloody good that I've never felt the need to modify it at all, which is pretty rare for me.  Kraft Macaroni & Cheese was the perfect food for a college kid--fast, easy, cheap, and satisfying.

Oh sure, there are fancier macaroni & cheese recipes out there and I've made some of them. I cannot deny that a good home-made mac & cheese baked in a casserole dish is pretty damn tasty, but there is no way it could be as cheerfully ORANGE as this classic.  Orange is the new awesome, and Chef Kraft's orange recipe is readily available to almost everybody.  It's on the side of millions and millions of little blue boxes all over the world and, best of all, those little blue boxes contain almost all the ingredients you'll need to create this amazing dish.


Sometimes great things really DO come in small packages.  
And yes, I AM smiling because "it's the cheesiest."



It's been a long time since those college days, but I'm not so old that I've forgotten how hard it is to follow three simple steps after a long night of partying.  That's why I'm going to fully illustrate Mr. Kraft's recipe in the upcoming photos.  This goes out to my many, many college-aged fans.  [In this mathematical equation, Many = 1.]



While the noodles are boiling in water, melt the butter into the milk.  Resist the
temptation to drink the mixture right out of the pan.



Pour the macaroni noodles into the melted butter and hot milk.  Gently stir.




The absolute best part of this recipe is the addition of the magical powder.  That amazing chemical turns bland milk, butter and noodles into something sweet, salty, and brilliantly ORANGE.  Stir the powder in slowly and watch the transformation take place in real time.




A thing of beauty.  Somewhat nutritious too.



For extra cheesiness, I like to garnish my mac & cheese with a few Wisconsin cheese curds.




No comments:

Post a Comment