Hi folks, Chef G. here and I'm happier than a Dung Beetle after his favorite meal of fresh feces dumped by a hungry herbivore. I'm happy because I'm back, after a five-month absence, with another fine episode of America's #1 Food Website. I'm sure you've missed me.
Today, while trying to log into Blogspot, I noticed The Chef G. Cooking Channel has gained the attention of Google's Artificial Intelligence machinery. At last, I've made it into the BIG TIME world of celebrity chefs. Here's what AI said about my blog:
You can find the humorous and satirical food blog online at The Chef G. Cooking Channel Blogspot. [1]
- Humorous Posts: Features satirical entries, witty commentary, and fictional updates from "Chef G."
- Episodic Format: Numbered and dated posts mimicking a running broadcast or show log (such as mock celebratory chef updates and humorous rants).
I couldn't have said it better myself.
************
Sure, I'm best known for my out-of-this-world cooking expertise, but sometimes I like to expand my blogging into restaurant reviews. Now that I've become super-famous, I feel confident in posting a couple of recent reviews right here and right now.
Neither of the restaurants are famous. Neither of them have even a single Michelin star. Neither of them are even located in my home state of Minnesota. Both of them, however, were an important part of my road trip to Spokane, Washington with Mrs. Chef G.
************
THE CHEF G. REVIEW OF WIND'S PASTY SHOP
One of my first, most famous, and most beloved episodes of the Chef G. Cooking Channel was my recipe for Upper Peninsula pasties.
THE CHEF G. COOKING CHANNEL: THE MAGNIFICENT PASTY: Upper Michigan's Gift To Human Taste Buds
Mrs. Chef G. and I love pasties and the best ones are made in the U.P. of Michigan. No Cornwallian or Australin or anybody else can dispute that.
On previous trips to Spokane, Mrs. Chef G. and I were happy to have discovered a pasty shop in the mining town of Butte, Montana. They're pasties were okay, but they were far from the standard of Upper Michigan pasties.
This year, we discovered a better pasty in the mining town of Anaconda, Montana.
The entrance to Wind's Pasty shop was nothing special. In fact, its crumbling facade and dirty floors were a little intimidating. That's exactly the kind of U.P.-style pasty shop we were looking for.
The lone employee was a dude with long hair and a poorly trimmed goatee, but he was very friendly. He did a great job of telling us about their pasty ingredients and offered us free 6-ounce bottles of water while we waited for our pasties.
There were a couple of stools at the counter and only one table in the whole place, so we took our pasties to go. As Montana pasties go, I gotta say, this place is light years ahead of Joe's Pasties in Butte.
| Wind's produced the closest thing to a U.P. pasty I have ever seen outside of the U.P. |
![]() |
| We liked them so much in the car that we turned around and bought a dozen frozen ones to bring to Mrs. Chef G.'s family in Spokane. |
All in all, I give Wind's Pasties a rating of 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Congratulations to that fine restaurant for getting so close to meeting my highest standard.
************
The Chef G. Review of Chowderhead's Restaurant
If you thought Wind's Pasties sounded delicious, just wait for this review of a hidden Spokane gem. I never even heard of the place until Son of Chef G. told me about it. He had driven from his home in the Seattle area to see Mrs. Chef G. and I.
On an earlier visit to Spokane, our son consulted Reddit for recommendations on the best sandwich shop in the city. I think he loves sandwiches more than any other food, and I'm sure he loves sandwiches even more than I love sandwiches.
He told me he had already tried Chowderhead's sandwiches and said they were great. Based on that recommendation, I suggested we should probably go there for a meal. Oh man, that was one of my best suggestions in years.
Chowderheads is located on an unassuming corner of a busy secondary north-south route. The exterior belies a hip interior vibe. While we perused the Washington-centered craft beer list, 1990's era alternative music played on the loudspeakers. The servers were friendly and fully tatooed. Already, I knew this was my kind of place.
For a sandwich place, the prices seemed a little high. But I can assure you, their sandwiches were well worth the $20 asking price. And the chowders were absolutely delicious.
On the Chef G. rating scale, it deserves the 5 Stars I give this place.
![]() |
| Best Bahn Mi I've ever had, and the Steelhead Trout Chowder was even better. |



No comments:
Post a Comment